The latest on women’s rights across the world, including breaking news, expert opinion, and resources from Equality Now.
Our latest press releases
National and international laws are failing to protect women and girls from online sexual exploitation and abuse
November 15, 2021
USA, New York, Nov 15, 2021 – Online sexual exploitation and abuse (OSEA) of women and girls is increasing at an alarming rate globally, but …
Special Manual developed for Investigators, Prosecutors and Judges working on Cases of Sexual Violence in Georgia
September 22, 2021
TBILISI, GEORGIA – A new manual, aimed at improving access to justice for victims of sexual violence in the Georgian criminal justice system, has been …
Rape laws across the Americas insufficient, inconsistent, and poorly enforced, leaving women at heightened risk of sexual violence
September 15, 2021
USA, New York, September 15th – A new report by international human rights organization Equality Now reveals how rape laws across …
Equality Now’s staff and partners are experts on women’s rights, with representation across Africa, the Americas, Europe, the Caucasus, Central Asia, South Asia, and the Middle East.
They are available for media interviews on a number of topics, including:
- Women’s rights at national, regional, and international levels.
- Legal equality for women and girls.
- Ending sexual violence, especially around legal frameworks and access to justice.
- Ending sexual exploitation and trafficking for sexual exploitation, including vulnerabilities to exploitation and the role of technology.
- Ending harmful practices including FGM and child marriage, and especially regional and international legal frameworks and the global nature of the issues.
We also have a network of partners across the world and can connect media representatives with local and national organizations on request.
Get in touch
To request an interview or comment on women and girls’ rights, please contact the relevant media team:
- Africa contact Sarah Wambui or Millicent Kwambai on:
- Phone:+254 (0)20 2719 832 or +254 (0) 724436855 (available on WhatsApp)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Americas contact Emma Stoskopf-Ehrlich on:
- Phone: +1 (617) 308-0251 (available on WhatsApp)
- Email: email@example.com
- Global contact Tara Carey on:
Explore our in-depth resources on women’s rights issues, including sexual violence, sexual exploitation, harmful practices, and legal discrimination from our expert network of lawyers and activists.