Staff Accountant/Office Manager, New York
The Staff Accountant/Office Manager will be be based in the New York Office and work closely with the Finance team and provide administrative support for the New York based program staff. The Staff Accountant will hold an understanding of financial accounting standards & procedures and apply knowledge to properly record financial transactions. Support and Assist the Director of Finance & Administration in carrying out the responsibilities of Finance/Administration department.
Founded in 1992, Equality Now is an international human rights organization dedicated to ensuring that women and girls around the world can live their lives free from violence and discrimination. Combining grassroots activism with international, regional and national legal advocacy, we envision a world in which women and men have equal rights under the law and full enjoyment of those rights. Our issue areas encompass Legal Equality, Justice for Girls, and Ending Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), Sex Trafficking and Sexual Violence.
- Assist Finance Director with calculation and input of monthly accrual and correction/adjustment journal entries in Quick Books system.
- Help complete monthly analyses by comparing actual vs. budget/forecasted balances and research accounting transactions to confirm accuracy, validity and understanding of financial activity.
- Complete monthly inter-company activities between various offices.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations for accounts assigned and ensure proper presentation of account balance.
- Gather information from other departments to understand non-recurring financial transactions, as needed.
- Responsible for all accounts payable & receivables.
- Preparation and mailing of 1099's with guidance from Finance Director.
- Serve as primary liaison between landlord, building management, and staff for all operational concerns.
- Maintain office supplies, fill merchandise orders, and provide inventory count to the staff when needed
- Coordinate all repairs/maintenance of office equipment
- Liaison for office-wide IT issues with assistance from external IT consultants.
- Assist senior/program staff in preparation and logistics of meeting with Funders, Board of Directors, and guests.
- Organize general and specific mailings, e.g. appeals/publications, to Funders/public/staff.
- Provide general administrative support for New York-based program staff: Format letters, research and confirm titles and addresses, make & distribute requisite copies, file outgoing documents, mail final documents.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Understanding of Quick Books systems.
- Analytical and deductive reasoning skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Associate's degree plus at least 3 years of general office experience.
Benefits & Compensation
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package.
To apply: send resume, cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Staff Accountant/Office Manager” in the subject line. No calls please.