This submission details concerns with regard to laws related to children’s rights and specifically,
as aligned to the Committee’s List of Issues:
- The place of customary norms and law and its impact on:
- The definition of a child (Article 1)
- The principle of non-discrimination (Article 2)
- The best interests of the child (Article 3)
- The right to care, family, and parental responsibility (Articles 5, 7, 8, 9, and 18)
- The right to education (Article 28).
- Legislative, administrative, and other measures to ensure implementation of the Convention (Articles 4).
- Violence against children (Article 19).
Submitted by: Equality Now, STEWARDWOMEN, YWCA South Sudan, Christian Agency for Peace and Development (CAPaD), Self Help Women Development Organization (SHWDO), and Women for