Fundraise for Gender Equality
Equality Now is turning 28! Celebrate with us this April. Social distancing might prevent in-person birthday parties, but there are still lots of ways to celebrate and support equality for women and girls at the same time.
Here are three ways you can be a part of Equality Now's Make Equality Reality birthday celebrations:
- Throw a virtual birthday party! You can create a Facebook fundraiser or a Crowdrise page, hold an Instagram or Facebook Live event with a donate button directly on your stream!
- Give the gift of gender equality - ask your friends and family to forgo an in-person gift in exchange for a donation to Equality Now, or make a donation in honor of a loved one’s birthday you missed during quarantine.
- Wear your feminism with pride, add one of our Equality Now shirts from our Teemill store to your birthday wishlist!
Throwing a virtual party?
Gabby, our fundraising extraordinaire, shares her top tips:
- Set a goal and share it with your guests. Seeing the progress of accomplishing a goal (and supporting a good cause!) will encourage your guests to participate and make them feel like part of your team.
- Encourage your guests to donate before, during, and after. We can help you set up and manage your fundraising efforts.
- Invite your colleagues, friends, and family. Everyone can learn more about how to make equality a reality for women and girls around the world!
- Don’t forget to take pictures to share with us via email or on social, tag them with #MakeEqualityReality! We are always inspired to see our supporters in action.
Any questions? Email Gabby at email@example.com