Equality Now FAQs
Everyday, women and girls around the world face violence and discrimination. 1 in 3 women will experience physical or sexual violence in their lifetime, regardless of age, background or country, and every country in the world has laws that treat women and girls as second-class citizens. Sexual exploitation, violence, harmful cultural practices and systemic inequalities violate their human rights and prevent them from reaching their potential.
This kind of inequality is bad for everyone, not just for women: research shows that where women and girls are treated unfairly, there is more societal conflict and less economic stability.
When societies treat women and girls fairly, there is less societal conflict and more economic stability.
At Equality Now we use the power of the law to dismantle deep rooted discrimination and inequality and build a just world for women and girls.
Since 1992, our international network of lawyers, activists and supporters have held governments responsible for ending legal inequality, sex trafficking, sexual violence & harmful practices, such as female genital mutilation (FGM) & child marriage.
Contact Our Regional Offices:
- Americas Office: [email protected] or call +1-212-586-0906
- Africa Office: [email protected] or call +254-20-271-9913/9832
- Europe Office: [email protected] or call +44 (0) 20 7304 6902
- Middle East and North Africa Office: [email protected]
Got a specific question?
- Donation enquiries (outside of the UK): [email protected]
- All UK donations questions: [email protected]
- Questions about events: [email protected]
- Media enquiries: [email protected]
You can find a full list of our office addresses on our contact page.
You can support Equality Now’s work for women and girls around the globe by making a donation today.
Our work to protect and promote the rights of women and girls around the world would not be possible without the support of people like you. Explore other ways you can support Equality Now and help us make equality reality.