Multi-sectoral Approaches to Ending Female Genital Mutilation in Egypt
Join Equality Now on 12th October at 8 am EST/2 pm CAIRO for a webinar where we will hear from panelists who will discuss Addressing FGM by linking legal advocacy, litigation, service provision, and other interconnected harmful practices.
Out of the 92 countries with available data on FGM, only 51 have specifically addressed FGM. Officially recognizing FGM as a violation (whether in a standalone anti-FGM law or through specific provisions in existing laws) is the first step to implementing national interventions to eradicate it and protect women and girls.
But are laws alone really enough? The use of the Multi-Sectoral Approach (MSA) has been observed as an effective tool for catalyzing efforts toward the elimination of FGM.
Do you work in women’s rights in Egypt? Why not join Equality Now on Oct 12 for our panel discussion, Multi-Sectoral Approaches to Ending Female Genital Mutilation in Egypt?
Panelists will include:
- Nevine Obeid, Researcher in Gender and Development
- Passant Osman, Writer and Secretary General of Justice and Support Foundation
- Hussam Al Amir, Journalist and Member of the National Council for Persons with Disabilities
- Nagwa Botros, Program Manager at Ibrahimia Media Centre (IMC)
- Rabha Fathi, Women’s Rights Activist and Board Chairperson of Association of Egyptian Female Lawyers (AEFL)
Arabic and English interpretations are available.