EVENTS AND INDIVIDUAL GIVING MANAGER
Based in: New York
An experienced professional with a strong track record is sought for an international women’s rights organization. This is a full time position reporting to the Director of Development and Communications and requiring close collaboration with the Senior Management Team, Board committees and Finance staff. The Events and Individual Giving Manager will be responsible for Equality Now’s fundraising events and donor cultivation, lead individual fundraising campaigns and staff the organization’s leadership in major donor activities. This position will be based in our New York office and works with staff across all of the organization.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious fundraiser who is eager to advance women rights and make the world better for women and girls.
About Equality Now
Founded in 1992, Equality Now is an international human rights organization dedicated to ensuring that women and girls around the world can live their lives free from violence and discrimination. Combining grassroots activism with international, regional and national legal advocacy, we envision a world in which women and men have equal rights under the law and full enjoyment of those rights. Our issue areas encompass Legal Equality, Justice for Girls, and Ending Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), Sex Trafficking and Sexual Violence.
The Events and Individual Giving Manager is responsible for $1.5 million in contributed support toward the organizational operating budget of $5.5 million.
Events, Sponsorships & Corporations
- Work with development consultants and event team to plan, manage and implement fundraising events and cultivation events
- Work with event leadership, including honorees, co-chairs, committee members, and board of directors to maximize participation, event quality and financial support
- Oversee production of all promotional materials
- Create solicitation mailings and follow up to leadership lists/organizational donors
- Oversee table, ticket and all other sales
- Ensure proper acknowledgment in all materials and on the web
- Develop and document efficient systems to track, replicate and institutionalize events
- Assist in the creation and implementation of new sponsorship opportunities to support program and activism campaigns where Equality Now operates
- Cultivate individual donors, write solicitations and acknowledgement letters, maintaining contact and tracking and cultivation
- Steward donor relationships through ongoing communications: with the communications team write and produce newsletter; phone thank-a-thons, personalized notes and other engagement
- Implement annual and midyear campaigns through mail, email and online outreach
- Work with online fundraising and marketing consultants to increase online giving and individual giving overall
- Support Director of Development and Communication and Global Executive Director in researching and build a pipeline of new major donor prospects to grow our current $1M major gifts program
- With communications team develop and implement PR strategies to support events and individual fundraising campaigns
Planning and Administration
- Work with the Director of Development and Communications and team members to create annual development plan: determine fundraising strategies, set fundraising goals, develop departmental budget
- Manage, monitor, and report on progress against work plan
- Manage processing of contributions from individuals, sponsors and corporations
- Track and report on all contributed support; work to ensure integrity of donor records
Qualifications and experience:
- 7+ years of proven success in events and individual giving
- Results-driven approach with a commitment to outcomes and tracking
- Excellent outreach, relationship management skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Knowledge and experience of fundraising and fundraising data bases (Raisers Edge preferred)
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively and respectfully in a fast paced environment with co-workers in a relatively small organization and with colleagues internationally
- Ability to handle multiple priority projects, stay calm under pressure and meet deadlines
- “Manage up” to organizations leadership to ensure all deadlines are met and relationships stewarded.
- Creative thinker with insight into the rapidly changing fundraising environment
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree/training preferred
- Some travel required
- Sense of humor
- Cross-cultural/international experience.
- Facility with written French, Spanish or Arabic a plus
- Some prior knowledge of or experience in the human rights sector.
To apply: send resume, cover letter and a writing sample to: email@example.com with the “Events, Major Gifts and Individual Giving Manager” in the subject line. No calls please.
Equality Now offers a competitive compensation package, including base salary, savings, health and vacation benefits, and is an Equal Opportunity employer. Employees are selected on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.