Office Manager/Executive Assistant - MENA Office
Equality Now (EN) is looking for someone to support the Founding Director of the newly established MENA office in Lebanon to consolidate EN’s presence in the region.
Equality Now is an international human rights organization working to protect and promote the rights of women and girls around the world. It is a dynamic, exciting and rewarding place to work. We need someone that is:
- Passionate, energetic, and proactive
- Committed to women’s and girls’ rights in the MENA and around the world
- Highly organized, takes instruction and pays attention to detail
- An excellent communicator—oral and written
- Hard working, timely, and IT savvy
- Able to deliver and perform when working under pressure
The Office Manager/Executive Assistant is responsible for all aspects of maintaining an orderly office environment and ensuring smooth functioning office systems. The individual should hold a basic understanding of financials accounting procedures and apply knowledge to properly record financial transactions. S/he will also support and assist the MENA Director with the day to day functions of running the office and with developing and implementing EN’s campaigns in the region.
- General bookkeeping, including generation of accounting reports; general bank liaison; contributing to the good functioning of global accounting systems
- Acts as point-person with the auditors, providing all requested information and explanation as to accounting entries and processes
- Assists the Regional Director (MENA) in preparing the draft annual office budgets
- Researches and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Regional Director.
- Handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and helps the Director follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in all work-related matters
- Coordinates all logistics and administrative tasks for visitors arriving from other countries (travel management and booking)
- Coordinates meetings with stakeholders, including preparing agendas, taking notes, providing informational documentation, and co-facilitating as needed.
- Assists the senior/program staff in preparation and logistics of organizing conferences and meetings with partners and guests.
- Responsible for entering all accounts payables and receivables
- Ensures accuracy and timely payment of all invoices.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends;
- Handles all telephone calls and incoming/outgoing mail.
- Maintains office machinery, office supplies and office repairs by contacting and coordinating with appropriate vendors and other service providers.
- Serves as primary liaison between landlord, building management, and staff for all operational concerns.
- Maintains office supplies, fills merchandise orders, and provides inventory count to the staff when needed.
- Responsible for maintaining staff contact list.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Google Drive is a plus)
- Understanding of QuickBooks system
- Experience in working with and managing complex spreadsheets
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in Arabic, English, and French
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team oriented environment
- BA degree in Business Administration or equivalent, and at least 5 years of general office experience
- Ability to work and reside in Lebanon
How to apply
Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter detailing how you fit the role description to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are due November 15th. Candidates who meet the job requirements will be contacted for an interview.DOWNLOAD PDF