Office Manager / Bookkeeper
Reports to: Director of Finance & Administration
Location: New York, NY (USA)
Founded in 1992, Equality Now is an international human rights organization dedicated to ensuring that women and girls around the world can live their lives free from violence and discrimination. Combining grassroots activism with international, regional and national legal advocacy, we envision a world in which women and men have equal rights under the law and full enjoyment of those rights. Our issue areas encompass Legal Equality, Justice for Girls, and ending Sex Trafficking, Sexual Violence and Harmful Practices, including female genital mutilation (FGM) and "child marriage."
Duties and Responsibilities
The Office Manager/Bookkeeper is a member of the Finance & Administration team.
The Office Manager/Bookkeeper is responsible for all aspects of maintaining an orderly office environment (Americas Office in New York City) and ensuring smooth functioning office systems. The individual should hold a basic understanding of financials accounting procedures and apply knowledge to properly record financial transactions. They will also support and assist The Director of Finance & Administration in carrying out the responsibilities of Finance and Administration department as well as supporting the Americas Director with day to day functions of running the office.
- Processing Check and credit card donations and preparing weekly deposit logs; coordinate with senior accountant to ensure accuracy and timely payment of all invoices.
- Handling all telephone calls and incoming/outgoing mail, including retrieving mail from the post office once a week.
- Maintaining office machinery, office supplies and office repairs by contacting and coordinating with appropriate vendors and other service providers.
- Assist senior/program staff in preparation and logistics of meeting with funders, board of directors, and guests.
- Serve as primary liaison between landlord, building management, and staff for all operational concerns.
- Responsible for entering all accounts payables and receivables
- Maintain office supplies, fill merchandise orders, and provide inventory count to the staff when needed.
- Responsible for maintain staff contact list.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Understanding of QuickBooks system
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Associate’s degree plus at least 3 years of general office experience.
Commensurate with experience
To apply: Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 July with Office Manager/Bookkeeper in the subject line. No calls please.