Amplifying the rights of girls for International Day of the Girl 2021
Girls everywhere deserve to be safe, fearless, and free! And you can help make that possible.
Right now, more than one billion girls under 18 are poised to become the greatest generation of female leaders the world has seen. But the potential of these girls to transform the world is threatened by the violence and discrimination they endure every day.
We all want children to grow up in a better world, and we believe that equality is the key.
Now, when 30 million girls are at risk of female genital mutilation, when sex trafficking is the fastest-growing criminal enterprise in the world, when at least 15 million girls have experienced sexual violence. The need is urgent to invest in the movement for change.
This International Day of the Girl, we need your help to raise support and global awareness to ensure that every girl is:
- Able to access her right to an education
- Safe from being forced into a marriage
- Safe from violence and exploitation
- Granted the same freedoms and protections as boys
In order to fulfill this generation’s transformative potential, we have to ensure that these girls are better protected from all forms of violence and discrimination by the law.
For nearly 30 years we have challenged the laws that hold girls back and none of us can afford to sit back and wait for equality to arrive – we need to act now.
What can you do?
- RSVP to our virtual Make Equality Reality Gala, featuring activists, actors, musicians, authors, who have come together to speak up and out against the threats to the rights of women and girls, whilst celebrating their potential
- Give a gift today to empower girls everywhere to live safe, fearless and free. And we are excited to announce that a group of generous supporters has pledged to DOUBLE gifts made by October 12. Gifts of all sizes will be matched – which means $10 becomes $20, $100 becomes $200, and $1,000 becomes $2,000!
- If your company or workplace is interested in supporting enduring equality for a generation of girls, please email our Global Partnerships Specialist Rob Cartwright at [email protected]