Host an Event
Hosting an event is a fun and effective way to share your passion for equality with your colleagues, friends and family.
Events hosted by Equality Now supporters include small gatherings focused on discussion, film or TV screenings that spark conversation, as well as sports or marathon events.
Remember, you are an agent of change, and your support makes our work possible!
Organizing an event can be a fun and deeply valuable experience that helps guests understand Equality Now’s mission and feel a sense of purpose by attending. Here are a few fun event ideas:
- Host an informal event at your home to talk about equality and why you think it’s an important conversation for all.
- Show your favorite film featuring a strong female character, and host a discussion on women’s rights. Not sure what to screen? We have suggestions!
- Throw a party celebrating your anniversary, your birthday, or your favorite feminist.
Pick the type of event you’d like to host.
- Set a date for your event.
- If it is a fundraising event, create a Crowdrise or Facebook page, and encourage your guests to donate before, during and after! We can help you set up and manage your fundraising efforts.
- Spend some time reviewing materials from Equality Now so you know how we work:
- Need more materials, or have any other questions ahead of your event? Email Julia Marra at email@example.com
- Invite your colleagues, friends, and family. Everyone can learn more about how to make equality a reality for women and girls around the world!
Welcome your guests to a fun and meaningful experience learning about equality for women and girls around the world.
If you are raising money for Equality Now at your event, we encourage you to set a goal and share it with your guests. Seeing the progress of accomplishing a goal (and supporting a good cause!) will encourage your guests to participate and make them feel like part of your team.
And, don’t forget to take pictures to share with us via email or on social, tag them with#makeequalityreality! We are always inspired to see our supporters in action.
Any questions? Email Julia Marra at firstname.lastname@example.org