Content and Media Manager
Location: London, UK
Founded in 1992, Equality Now is an international human rights organization dedicated to ensuring that women and girls around the world can live their lives free from violence and discrimination. Combining grassroots activism with international, regional and national legal advocacy, we envision a world in which women and men have equal rights under the law and full enjoyment of those rights. Our issue areas encompass Legal Equality, Justice for Girls, and ending Sex Trafficking, Sexual Violence and Harmful Practices, including female genital mutilation (FGM) and "child marriage".
This new role in the Equality Now’s Marketing and Communications team will develop and lead the implementation of Equality Now's media activity and content creation in line with Programme and fundraising objectives. Working closely with the Advocacy Campaign Manager and Development team, you will create media activity that highlights women's and girls' rights and celebrates successes to key target audiences. The equally important part of your role will be to create multimedia content assets that compel and inspire target audiences to take action or donate to Equality Now. These will be created against campaign strategies you help build with the Campaigning and Development teams.
You will manage a small team and commission suppliers for bespoke content when necessary. Together you will create coherent narratives, messaging and communications content for multi-purpose use.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications and other colleagues on the development, implementation and review of global advocacy, media and fundraising content strategies.
- Generate positive media coverage; oversee the development, pitching and placement of stories, op-eds, blogs, images and other content; strengthen Equality Now’s relationship with existing media contacts and build new relationships with other journalists and media outlets.
- Be responsible for EN’s Twitter account, to expand awareness and reach, as well as curating other information which builds our reputation as the go-to organisation for women's and girls' rights with supporters, influencers and journalists.
- In line with advocacy and development objectives, you will deliver a range of quality creative content that is engaging, informative and shareable; increases positive brand awareness and action; is factually correct, risk sensitive, and accurately reflects EN's work and campaign issues.
- Oversee and participate in content gathering trips that meet objectives
- Proactively identify relevant breaking news, media and external moments that can be leveraged to support Equality Now's work and agree with the Advocacy Campaign Manager and Programme teams on how to react.
- Co-ordinate media inquiries, information and interviews. Oversee staff to maintain and expand press lists; maintain and distribute media clippings; update media portion of website and track news coverage on relevant issues.
- Support the delivery of our thought leadership activity, by working with the Director of Marketing and Communications to place spokespeople, commission copy and content.
- Oversee media training materials used to train staff and external partners including partner organisations and media contacts.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications and others across Equality Now to review and evaluate the impact of communications, media and marketing activity and make recommendations to increase success.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of proven success with outstanding content creation skills; proven experience in generating content for a range of channels including, print, radio, social media, online, television and fundraising outlets.
- Significant media experience that includes advocacy, reporting, strategy, supporter building and media relation at an international level.
- In-depth understanding of the development sector and the ability to distil complex issues into digestible information.
- Availability to travel internationally.
Please send a résumé and cover letter detailing skills and relevant experience to email@example.com with the subject line "Content and Media Manager." Salary is commensurate with experience. Application deadline is 2 March, 2018.
Equality Now provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status or disability.