Location: Europe Office (London)
We’re looking for a highly motivated and committed Communications Volunteer, with a passion for international human rights, to support Equality Now in delivering our media and communications strategy. This is a great opportunity to join a small, friendly team where you will gain valuable experience as part of a busy media team at an INGO.
As a valued member of the team, you will be able to apply your existing skills and experience while developing your skillset and enhancing your CV by gaining first-hand knowledge on human rights issues affecting women and girls around the world; advocacy campaigning; communications content creation; and public relations.
We are looking for someone who is available for an extended period of time. Arrangements are open to discussion and Equality Now supports flexible schedules that accommodate other commitments.
Since 1992, Equality Now has been using the law to protect and promote thehuman rights of women and girls around the world. With partners and supporters in nearly every country in the world, and staff in New York, London, Nairobi, Amman and Washington, D.C., Equality Now advocates locally, nationally and internationally to advance Legal Equality and Justice for Girls, and to End Sex Trafficking, Sexual Violence and Harmful Practices, including female genital mutilation (FGM) and "child marriage."
Duties and Responsibilities
- conducting desk based research
- media mapping
- creating content in support of campaigns
- assisting with the creation of communications content
- tracking and compile media coverage
- providing administrative support
- Excellent English writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- An understanding of and commitment to Equality Now’s aims and objectives
- A demonstrable interest in human rights campaigning
- A strong interest in communications and external relations
- IT literate, with experience using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to undertake research tasks independently
- Positive attitude, dependable and good sense of humour
- Educated to Degree Level or above
- Ability to effectively work with a diverse range of partners and colleagues
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Experience writing high quality copy
Interested applicants should email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 10am, 18 January 2018. Interviews will start the week of 8 January. Please note that this is a voluntary role. The cost of travel within Zones 1 to 4 in London and lunch expenses will be covered, but we are unable to arrange accomodations or visas.
Equality Now is an equal opportunity employer.