CMS Specialist & HTML/CSS Developer
Location: Americas Office (New York)
Duration: 3 month contract
Equality Now has an immediate opening for an interim CMS Specialist and HTML/CSS developer (three month contract) to administer our online advocacy and email marketing campaigns. S/he should have at least 3 – 4 years of experience with Drupal CMS and Salsa CRM platforms and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, international environment. Reporting to the Communications and Marketing Manager, the selected candidate will contribute to Equality Now’s content development, supporter engagement and marketing efforts. This position is based out in New York, but remote options within the United States open for discussion.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial and technically-inclined communicator who loves to use technology and innovation to make the world better for women and girls.
Founded in 1992, Equality Now is an international human rights organization dedicated to ensuring that women and girls around the world can live their lives free from violence and discrimination. Combining grassroots activism with international, regional and national legal advocacy, we envision a world in which women and men have equal rights under the law and full enjoyment of those rights. Our issue areas encompass Legal Equality, Justice for Girls, and ending Sex Trafficking, Sexual Violence and Harmful Practices, including female genital mutilation (FGM) and "child marriage".
- EMAIL-BUILDING: Build and distribute advocacy campaigns, member updates, appeals and automated drip campaigns (e.g., autoresponders, time-triggered emails and notifications, welcome series, etc.) and implement testing and data collection/analysis.
- CONTENT MANAGEMENT: Administer and troubleshoot equalitynow.org website on Drupal 7 and other digital assets as needed. Create interactive, multi content and targeted advocacy actions and petitions in Salsa.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with SalsaLabs CRM system for email marketing purposes, including: basic knowledge of A/B testing, queries (groups, conditions, boolean operators, etc) and segmentation
- Technical proficiency in hand-coding HTML and CSS
- Experience with Photoshop and basic design skills
- Experience with Drupal 7 CMS structure and functioning (content types, views, blocks, menus, nodequeues, taxonomy, tags)
- Advanced knowledge of content management specifics: url/path settings and redirects, meta tags, etc.
- Experience creating interactive content for advocacy platforms, including creating/editing forms and groups through the Salsa platform, handling templates, creating/editing sign up and ‘tell a friend’ pages and creating/editing social share samples (Twitter and Facebook in particular)
- Experience working with multilingual websites, particularly French, Spanish and Arabic
- Strong data analysis skills with experience in A/B and split testing and ease in making data-informed recommendations
- Experience with website migrations, re-branding and UX
- Experience in communicating with developers and system administrators, and in translating technical requirements to non-technical users
- Digital technology trends/vision and best practices
- Worked with multiple CMS platforms, particularly NationBuilder
- Experience with paid social or search advertising programs, particularly Facebook Ads
- Social media analytics and campaign tracking through url tagging
- Knowledge of or experience in international human rights, social justice or legal advocacy, especially relating to women’s and girls’ rights
- Cross-cultural/international experience
- Sense of humor
Email resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with "CMS Specialist" in the subject line. No calls, please.
Start Date: Immediate, ideally no later than 16 January 2018.
Equality Now is an equal opportunity employer.