Associate Director, Finance and Administration
Equality Now is searching for an experienced, “hands-on”, and strategic senior finance and administration professional to be based in the New York office.
The Associate Director, Finance and Administration (AD) must be an experienced, “hands-on” strategic senior finance and administration professional. S/he reports to the Global Director, Finance and Administration (GD). S/he is responsible for ensuring that accounting and financial reporting activities are properly executed and managed, with a strong focus on the day-to-day activities of the New York office and consolidation of global reporting. Core functions include (but are not limited to) general ledger (ERP) transactions and activities; accounts payable and receivable; month and year-end closes and related activities; payroll, pension and related benefits oversight and administration, annual audit support and follow-up, organizational budget preparation, revision and oversight; financial and analytical reporting and communications; governmental compliance activities; vendor and insurance management.
The AD is the senior member of a team of 8 global staff reporting to the GD. S/he works closely with the GD to ensure all aspects of the finance, accounting and administration activities of the organization are performed accurately, efficiently, strategically, respectfully and in a timely manner.
The AD works with and supports the GD providing oversight in some areas and support in others as determined by the needs of the organization and the priorities of the GD.
- Ensure alignment of financial, accounting and administrative system(s) with current and planned organization operational needs; including developing solid and consistent procedures and processes, documentation, identifying future improvements and solutions
- Leverage ERP system (current and future) to identify, develop, and drive finance process improvement to achieve accuracy, security, automation, compliance, enhanced and regular reporting and analytical tools, and improve financial transparency and overall quality
- Partner in managing and overseeing the organization’s fiscal well-being: develop and monitor annual budgets, forecasting and related reporting, ensuring integrity and accuracy; provide support for leadership participation
- Ensure appropriate policies, best practices, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures are implemented, documented, and maintained as they relate to accounting, administrative and human resources systems and activities
- Wok with GD to manage preparation and presentation of timely and accurate financial reporting materials, communicate the organization’s financial position effectively to non-fiscal persons; support and guide relevant organization staff in understanding and managing budgetary matters
- Assist and support auditors to prepare for and successfully complete audits and filing of tax returns, resolve areas of concern and implement timely and efficient solutions to audit findings, assisting in improving the current process and timeliness of completion
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES
- 10+ years of experience of progressive senior finance and administration experience
- Bachelor’s Degree; CPA or MBA desirable
- Strong and strategic experience in financial analysis and reporting in nonprofit organizations, experience with and knowledge of nonprofit accounting
- Hands-on experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting platform and tools
- Excellent Excel skills with extensive experience in designing spreadsheets, complex formula creation and maintenance and data-integrity functionality
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; can articulate and implement solutions and recognize the possibility for multiple solutions
- Annual audit and related year-end reporting and compliance experience
- Experience with CRMs (Raiser’s Edge) and grant reporting a plus
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities, committed to accuracy; excellent judgment and ability to handle confidential information with care and discretion
- Dedicated, collaborative team-oriented, and self-motivated
- Must impart credibility, trust, enthusiasm, integrity, and ethics; and relate well to individuals at all levels
- Genuine passion for and commitment to Equality Now’s mission. Understanding of the context and issues of women’s rights and gender equality.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by midnight EDT on March 6, 2020. Please put "Associate Director, Finance and Administration" in the subject line.
This is an exempt position according to the New York Fair Labor Standards Act. Equality Now is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees are selected on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, age, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Candidates must meet current US requirements for employment.DOWNLOAD PDF