Advocacy Campaign Manager
Location: New York, NY
Founded in 1992, Equality Now is an international human rights organization dedicated to ensuring that women and girls around the world can live their lives free from violence and discrimination. Combining grassroots activism with international, regional and national legal advocacy, we envision a world in which women and men have equal rights under the law and full enjoyment of those rights. Our issue areas encompass Legal Equality, Justice for Girls, and ending Sex Trafficking, Sexual Violence and Harmful Practices, including female genital mutilation (FGM) and "child marriage".
This new position will lead and manage the delivery of advocacy communication campaigns for Equality Now, to progress women’s rights impact in line with Equality Now’s Programme objectives. It’s a great opportunity to make a direct positive impact on the rights of women and girls on a global scale.
Managing a small team of campaigners, you will take a leading role in strategy and coordination for the campaign communication and marketing deliverables that help deliver agreed Programme objectives. The role requires rigour in objective setting and measurement of performance to drive success and ongoing improvement. You will work extremely close with the Programme team to achieve this.
Using your experience in delivering creative multi-channel campaigns, you will create and deliver campaign plans that engage with the public, media and stakeholder audiences (in particular grassroots organisations) to compel them to take action; engage and motivate existing activists and supporters; and ensure ongoing relationships with each of these groups. The post holder will work alongside our Content team to commission content and activities against campaign plans.
The role will have a focus of using press, social, public relations and advertising as an advocacy tool; data handling and using digital channels and tools to grow our activist base; commissioning of creative assets to educate target audiences; retention methodologies to build trust and loyalty among Equality Now supporters.
With a keen eye for news you will also work with the content and programme teams to react to breaking news stories and flex your plans accordingly.
Additionally you will work with the Development team to facilitate how to inspire activists to become regular donors.
As a central external advocate of the organisation you will be expected to represent Equality Now at events and be active networker and partnership builder.
- 5+ years experience of leadership in planning and delivering substantial, successful and creative multi-channel advocacy campaigns.
- Strong strategic marketing and communications planning and project management skills.
- Experience in using digital effectively and innovating in digital advocacy.
- Good experience of data, segmentation, targeting, insight reporting and management.
- Understanding of and ability to translate in accessible language, women’s rights issues and legal processes.
- Experience of working with Human Rights Programme teams in an international environment (international not essential)
- Proven ability to collaborate and engage independent activists, organised groups, diverse partner organisations and other stakeholders in effective social change campaigns
- Experience of working with Development/Fundraising teams to deliver a full supporter experience.
- Experience working with and motivating a small team
- A knowledge of advocacy in the Americas and/or MENA region would be advantageous
- Strategic communications planning methodologies and creative thinking of how to leverage channels to achieve goals.
- Interest in digital technology and channels as a communication and inspiration mechanism.
- Developing project proposals and budgets, working within procedures, adhering to quality standards, setting timelines and undertaking monitoring and evaluation.
- Outstanding management skills including leading, developing, coaching and managing a geographically dispersed team of people to achieve challenging goals and respond to emerging events.
- Interest and knowledge of women’s rights issues and the application of rights in domestic and international law.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to clearly articulate complex issues.
- Strong work ethic demonstrating energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, and a proven ability to self-organise, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Fluency or working knowledge of Spanish would be desirable.
Please send a résumé and cover letter detailing skills and relevant experience to email@example.com with the subject line "Advocacy Campaign Manager." Salary is commensurate with experience.
Equality Now provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, veteran status or disability.