Download Survivor Stories as a pdf (5MB)
Equality Now partners working with survivors of sex trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation:
- AFESIP – Cambodia
- Apne Aap – India
- Buklod – Philippines
- ChildVoice International – Uganda
- Embrace Dignity – South Africa
- EVE (formerly Exploited Voices now Educating) – Canada
- Gateways – USA
- GEMS – US
- Klaipeda Social and Psychological Services Center – Lithuania
- Maiti Nepal – Nepal
- The Resource Center for Women “Marta” – Latvia
- Movimiento El Pozo – Peru
- New York State Anti-Trafficking Coalition – USA
- Stigamot – Iceland
- Tasintha Programme – Zambia
- What is the ‘Nordic Model’?
(Updated April 2014) Published: December 2012. Format: pdf, 76.44KB. 2 pages.
- Does Legalizing Prostitution Protect Women and Girls? Findings from countries and states where prostitution is legal
Published: December 2012. Format: pdf, 77.86KB. 3 pages.
- Global Sex Trafficking Fact Sheet
Published: August 2011. (Updated August 2013) Format: pdf, 224KB. 2 pages.
- "Why the game’s up for Sweden's sex trade" Sweden's innovative sex-trade laws criminalise clients, not prostitutes. The result: a 70 per cent drop in business.
The Independent, March 2013, Joan Smith
- "Global Sex Trafficking & the Guy Next Door - The Need To End Demand"
Huffington Post, January 2013, Lauren Hersh, New York Office Director, Equality Now
- "New research shows violence decreases under Nordic model: Why the radio silence?"
Feminist Current, January 2013, Samantha Berg
- "Government under pressure to review prostitution laws in England and Wales"
The Guardian, December 2012, Jacqui Hunt, London Office Director, Equality Now
- "Ending Prostitution and Sex Trafficking: The Global Movement Towards Gender Equality"
Huffington Post UK, December 2012, Jacqui Hunt, London Office Director, Equality Now
- Survivors Connect Network
A composite of writings and referrals to blog posts written by survivors of prostitution and sex trafficking
- Girls Like Us: Fighting for a World Where Girls Are Not for Sale, an Activist Finds Her Calling and Heals Herself
Rachel Lloyd, Founder, GEMS: Girls Educational & Mentoring Services
- Sex & World Peace
Valerie M. Hudson, Bonnie Ballif-Spanvill, Mary Caprioli & Chad F. Emmett