Equality Now works for the protection and promotion of the human rights of women and girls around the world. Working with grassroots women’s and human rights organizations and individual activists since 1992, Equality Now documents violence and discrimination against women and mobilizes international action to support efforts to stop these abuses.
In our global efforts to secure women’s rights, strategies we use include:
- international advocacy through the Equality Action Network , with membership encompassing groups and individuals in nearly every country in the world who call on governments and policy makers to guarantee women’s and girl's rights;
- campaigns to raise awareness by highlighting individual cases of pervasive and severe violations against women and girls;
- building partnerships and coalitions with grassroots women’s rights groups to amplify local and global advocacy;
- strengthening international and regional human rights law and mechanisms that address the rights of women and girls;
- conducting strategic litigation at national, regional and international levels to establish legal precedents on women’s and girls’ rights;
- mobilizing financial and capacity-building support for partners on the ground;
- using the media to bring these stories to the public.
Our work is focused into four main program areas:
Equality Now does not accept direct funding from any government.